The holiday season is the most popular time to get engaged, but that doesn’t mean you’re proposal has to be cliché, with these unique proposal ideas she will have a holiday memory she will never forget. After all the holidays is the most romantic time of year. Each proposal is grouped on a scale of romance from sentimental to flawless.
- In snow or Christmas lights write out your proposal.
- Hide the ring box in her stocking. Just make sure you are at her side when she rifles through all her little gifts.
- If your dog is cooperative, attach plastic antlers and a red nose. Then put the ring on a ribbon around the dog’s neck with a note that says, “Will you marry me?” and send the dog to wake your future bride. Even if she isn’t a morning person, this greeting will be sure to wake her up.
- Hang mistletoe somewhere in your place, and tell her you need a Christmas kiss all while keeping the ring hidden behind your back. Have her close her eyes for the kiss and when she opens them you will be down on one knee ready to propose.
- Fill a large box with lots of tissue paper and at the bottom write, “Will you marry me?” at the bottom of the box. When she gets that as her Christmas gift she will be searching in the box until she comes upon the proposal.
- Purchase a greeting card that allows you to record your own message, maybe a couple of heartfelt reasons why you want to marry her. When she opens it be ready on one knee with the engagement ring while the message is playing. She will keep that card forever.
- Make a holiday toast in front of family and friends, which includes your proposal. She will be ecstatic to share that moment with everyone she loves.
- Take a moonlit stroll through the fallen snow, and ask her to be your wife.
- If she is starting to guess when the proposal is going to happen throw her off your tail when exchanging Christmas gifts. Give her a typical present, and just when she thinks it isn’t going to happen suddenly remember you got her another gift, and surprise her with the ring.
- Hide the tiny ring box behind the Christmas tree where no one can see it. When everyone has finished opening their presents, tell your future bride she forgot to open one. Tell her to reach further back behind the tree, and well you know the rest!
- Give her odd presents that hint at what is to come such as hand lotion, jewelry cleaner, and a gift card to get her nails done. By now she may have figured out your end goal so it’s time to pull out the engagement ring.
- On Christmas morning stay in bed. Propose there! It’ll be an intimate proposal that you two will remember for the rest of your lives.
- Hire a choir to have them sing your song, and when they’re done propose!
- Ask a local department store to let you play Santa for a day. Have your future bride’s friend take her shopping, and convince her to get a picture with Santa. During the picture propose! The picture will be priceless.
- Create a unique ornament with the engagement ring as part of the design. Tell her she has to search for a special ornament on the tree.
- Give her a puzzle as a Christmas gift that she will have to piece together to reveal, “Will you marry me?”
- Giver her 5 wrapped boxes with a different word of, “Will you marry me?” on the top of each box, and include a special gift in each one. In the last box put the engagement ring. Just make sure as she is opening each box that they are in order.
- Have a t-shirt made that says future Mrs. and then your last name. Then be on bended knee with the ring in hand immediately after she opens your gift with the shirt inside.
- Write/illustrate special moment in your relationship on Christmas ornaments with paint pens. On the tree topper write, “Will you marry me?” Tell her that there is a surprise at the top of the tree, and when she finds it there you’ll be on bended knee.
- Build a snowman and have it holding its hand out with the engagement ring in its box. Build it preferably when she’s out of the house, that way when she comes back she will see the snowman and you’ll be ready to propose.
- Take her on a horse drawn carriage ride and snuggle up under a warm blanket together. Hire a Santa ahead of time and have him stop the carriage halfway through the ride. Have Santa tell her he has a little something for her. Have Santa pull multiple toys out of his pocket until he comes to a box and have him say, “Here it is!” When he hands the ring box to you, get down on one knee and propose.
- Put up holiday decorations together. Carefully attach the engagement ring to her favorite ornament, and give it to her once all the rest have been placed on the tree. She’ll surely notice the engagement ring as she is hanging the last ornament, and that’s your queue to get down on one knee and propose.
- Wrap yourself up like a Christmas gift. You could hide yourself inside a big box or make it obvious that you’re a gift. Let her unwrap you, and surprise her with the ring.
- Take her on a drive to look at Christmas lights around town. When she’s ready to go home say, “I have one more thing to show you” Take her to the top of a hill where you have Christmas lights that spell out, “Will you marry me”